Friends of Hewett
Friends of Hewett is a parent-led registered charity (1187100) fundraising to create events and opportunities to enrich our school environment, promote wellbeing, build confidence and empower every Hewett Academy student to fulfil their potential.
Founded in September 2019 by three parents, Friends of Hewett has since raised over £340,000 to support our school, pupils and families to thrive.
Some of the projects which have been made possible thanks to Friends of Hewett include -
- A welcoming community lounge and counselling room.
- The creation of a school allotment and eco garden.
- Uniform fund and food vouchers in holiday times.
- An updated ‘Library for Today’ with over £14,000 of new books from diverse authors.
- Forest school visits and school trips.
- Carpeting all classrooms and installing listening systems across the school to support pupils with hearing impairments.
- Laptops and art supplies for all pupils during Covid lockdowns.
- Big Rig outdoor gym and indoor gym equipment.
- Pedal desks to support pupils with ADHD.
- Renovation of a new Accelerated Learning Unit to support pupils in small groups.
The Friends of Hewett charity is financially entirely separate to the school and the Inspiration Trust. It is parent-run, but works closely with school leadership to support our school to thrive.
We look forward to welcoming new families to join Friends of Hewett.